The Global Mining Association of China (GMAC) is the representative body for both companies and individuals within the international mining community in China.
GMAC’s main goals focus on Advocacy, Networking, Representation and Support of its Members in the international mining community in China, providing Product Services, External Relationships, Membership, Events, Communications, and Administration.
A voice and face to
a. The Central government, in particular MOLAR and MoFCOM by way of;
- The ongoing maintenance of an industry White Paper
- Roundtable meetings considering the impact of regulatory changes as they effect the mining community Local and Provincial Governments
b. Focus on relevance to matters around exploration and mining
- Industry bodies and forums such as China Mining Association (CMA), the annual China Mining conference, Mines and Money, Coaltrans and other regional, national and international events
c. Providing speakers who represent the interests of the international mining community
- International forums seeking input regarding the Chinese market
d. For example PDAC in Toronto or INDABA in Cape Town
A platform for industry focused bodies wanting access to the international mining community in China, including:
- The ASX and TSX who have run investment seminars in China
- CMI (Canadian Mining Institute) who run an event as part of the lead up to China Mining
A forum for information dissemination to the membership as well as interested parties through the following media;
- Regular monthly meetings, generally hosted in Beijing
- Networking events
- GMAC website
- Mining industry newsletter and bulletins
- Bring awareness of other related mining industry event globally
A “peak” industry body in China that can assist Chambers of Commerce in promotion to the government, or other bodies, that would be responsive to representative advocacy
- A Forum of Chambers united by their common interest in mining, will gain value in a combined strength that this peak body brings. This could include chambers from Australian, Canadian, European, British, South African, Brazilian, Chilean, Peruvian, Mexican and others.
Membership is open to companies as well as individuals. They should be a mining company or a provider to the industry such as an exploration consultant, an equipment manufacturer or supplier, a procurement company, a commodity trader or in banking, advisory, HR, legal or other service to the mining sector.
There are three categories of fees:
- Foundation Membership : RMB 20,000
- General Membership: RMB 6,500
- Affiliate Membership: RMB 5,000
- Free for GMAC events, such as but not limited to GMAC monthly meeting, forums, and cocktail events.
- Free or enjoy favored rate for events organized by GMAC partners.
- GMAC internal information, materials and reports.
- To be recommended as speaker at different conferences/forums.
- Assist in getting business connection, industry resources and opportunities as request by members
As Foundation Member, you will be given priority to any opportunities arises and company logo will be presented on GMAC materials. Some events, especially those of senior level meetings and events offer limited tickets, will be available to foundation members only.
Affiliate membership opens to Chinese companies only. Affiliate members have no voting rights and no seat at the board.
Whilst GMAC is an independent association representing the international mining community in China, GMAC is very pleased to be supported by the Australian Chamber of Commerce in Beijing, AustCham. This support provides a transparent and legal body through which good governance of the finances and affairs of GMAC can be administered.